What can I do to prevent skin disease in my pet? by Dr Anne Fawcett
Skin conditions can be highly irritating, and sometimes develop into more serious conditions if left untreated. However there are a few precautions you can take, along with keeping your pet clean and well groomed, in order to prevent skin conditions developing in your pet.
- Ensure you pet maintains a healthy balanced diet.
- Ensure your pet is within their healthy weight range.
- Schedule regular checkups with your vet to ensure that the primary issue is diagnosed before secondary symptoms can develop.
- Use soaps and shampoos specific for pets, and try to maintain a regular brushing schedule to prevent matting of hair
- Provide a calm environment and toys for entertainment to prevent stress and/or boredom
If in doubt or you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call your nearest Sydney Animal Hospitals.