January & February is all about Puppies @Sydney Animal Hospitals, receive a;
* FREE Puppy Health Check
* FREE Heartworm Injection
* FREE Bag of Hill’s™ Puppy Food
* FREE 1 Month Pet Insurance
Valid 1st January 2019 till 28th February 2019 T&C’s below
Call your local Sydney Animal Hospital now on;
Owning a new puppy can be a very exciting(and busy!) time for pet owners. There are some crucial health care measures that need to be taken to ensure your new puppy gets the best start in life.
Puppies need a balanced, premium puppy food. Puppies grow and develop rapidly and have very different nutritional requirements to adult dogs. For example, puppies require additional calcium and energy to facilitate proper growth of bones and muscles, this ratio of calcium and energy can be different for small breeds to large breeds. It’s essential that you discuss the best nutritional plan for your puppy with a trained veterinary professional.
Parasite control is also very important for puppies as they are more likely to be carrying gastrointestinal worms at this stage in their life. An all wormer tablet should be given every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age, every month until 6 months of age and then every 3 months for life.
Heartworm prevention is even more important – the best way to prevent heart worm is with injectable medication administered by your vet, this removes the possibility of forgetting to give a dose, one missed monthly heartworm dose can result in heartworm infection. Heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) is a parasite that causes serious, potentially fatal disease in dogs. Unlike intestinal worms, heartworms live in the heart and blood vessels of affected dogs. Heartworm is not spread directly from dog to dog, but via mosquitoes. It may take a number of years for dogs to show signs of infestation.
Tick prevention on the especially on the Northern Beaches is a must. The newer oral tick preventatives and tick collars are highly effective and very safe. Most of these products also prevent fleas for extended periods.
Vaccinations are also imperative to prevent deadly infectious diseases such as parvovirus, distemper, hepatitis and infectious canine cough. During the vaccination consultation the veterinarian will also complete a full physical examination to ensure your puppy is healthy and fit for vaccination.
This January & February we are offering a free puppy health check-up and free heartworm injection with our vet, free pet insurance for one month and a free sample of Hill's Puppy Food. Call your local Sydney Animal Hospitals now to book in your new fur baby in!
· Free Puppy Health Check is for puppies up to 12months of age only & must be puppy’s first ever visit to this hospital.
· Free heartworm injection (SR12) is only suitable for puppies at 12 weeks of age.
· Free one month’s insurance is offered by Petplan, with no obligations after 4 weeks to continue. Valid for puppies from 8 weeks to 12 months of age.
· Free puppy health check is not valid for Veterinary consultations for specific illnesses or injuries
· This is not valid for litters or commercial breeders.
· Valid 1st January – 28th February 2019
· T&C’s are subject to change