Pet grooming is an important part of pet care. Depending on the breed, age and health of your pet, grooming may even need to be a part of you and your pet’s daily routine.
- Regular grooming always helps to keep your pet healthy and comfortable.
- Some breeds like poodles don't shed their hair and require grooming by a professional every six to eight weeks.
- Long-haired cats can particularly benefit from regular grooming as it helps prevent the formation of knots on the skin and hairballs in the stomach.
Our professional grooming services
We offer a full range of grooming, clipping and washing services for cats and dogs of all sizes and breeds.
At Sydney Animal Hospitals, we can tailor our grooming service to the particular needs of your pet. We also wash your pet (if appropriate) with a suitable shampoo and conditioner. This makes all the difference in the grooming stage and really brings out the shine in your pet's coat.
Dr Markus Mander - Pet Grooming
So come and visit us at one of our Sydney Animal Hospitals or make an appointment today.
Grooming your pet at home
There are numerous benefits of regularly grooming your cat or dog. You and your pet can benefit in the following ways:
- reduced chance of pet skin problems
- improved pet cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- improved monitoring of pet health issues like cuts, heat, swelling, lameness or changes in temperament
- enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during dog grooming periods.
If you enjoy time with your pet and developing a closer bond with your cat or dog through regular contact then pet grooming is an ideal place to start.